The mission of Homes for Hope (H4H) is to work within the building industry forming partnerships with builders and their trade partners to create H4H income generating projects to provide financial resource to help support HOPE International and like-minded organizations which work to alleviate physical and spiritual poverty in the lives of families and individuals in developing countries throughout the world.
Homes for Hope is the building industry’s response to global poverty. Homebuilder and HOPE International founder Jeff Rutt established the program in 1998 to invite builders to empower fellow entrepreneurs in developing countries through sustainable solutions to physical and spiritual poverty. “I love building homes, but there’s nothing more rewarding than building lives,” says Rutt. While HOPE International was originally founded to reach one Ukrainian community, Jeff’s dream for HOPE began to grow as the first 12 small-loan recipients successfully built sustainable businesses, provided for their families, and repaid the funds with interest.
HOW IT WORKS
- A homebuilder decides to build a Home for Hope—donating all or a portion of the lot cost, profit, and overhead connected to the home.
- Then the builder approaches his trade partners—the subcontractors, suppliers, and consultants who help build homes—and asks them if they, too, would help by doing their work at cost or a portion of cost, donating any profit.
- The collaboration between the builder and trade partners generates additional revenue to help aspiring entrepreneurs around the world.
- Homes for Hope and the builder hold a groundbreaking ceremony; the house is constructed; and the home is presented to the community in a public dedication ceremony. The builder presents a check to Homes for Hope.
- The net proceeds go to HOPE International to empower entrepreneurs around the world to break the cycle of poverty and sustainably provide for their own families.
- Make an H4H donation today! Your contributions will help build the Homes for Hope program around the country, building more homes and generating more revenue to help people around the world work themselves out of poverty.
- Email [email protected] for more information about the program and to find out how you can become involved in one of our H4H programs around the country.
- Become a sponsor for an existing Homes for Hope project. This designated donation will go toward the completion of that project and increase its bottom line net revenue – resulting in giving more of the world’s poor a “hand up” to work themselves out of poverty.
Want more information? Visit Homes For Hope!